Seriously Addictive Mathematics and English Overview
Singapore Math EducationS.A.M is based on Singapore Math, the global top-ranking curriculum according to international surveys TIMSS (Math Conceptual Mastery Test) and PISA (Problem Solving of Real-Life Problems Assessments). S.A.M offers a two-pillared approach of 'Classroom Engagement' and 'Worksheet Reinforcement', and an individual learning plan tailored to each child. Through the coaching approach, hands-on activities, guided and independent practice, students develop interest and mastery of Maths, confidence, thinking skills and good study habits.
Established in 2010 by S. Chia and L.C Loong, S.A.M is the world’s largest Singapore Math-enrichment program in 20 countries and has won awards from international business associations and parenting resources. The master franchise rights for S.A.M in South Africa were acquired by Seriously Addictive Mathematics SA (Pty) Ltd (S.A.M SA) in August 2016.
S.A.M focus on twenty-first century competencies: critical thinking and problem solving, rather than merely computation and rote learning. S.A.M South Africa can support the education system and families in South Africa, to equip the next generation with future skills through the use of Mathematics.
The OpportunityThe Franchise Opportunity at S.A.M is open to all individuals or companies who share a genuine passion for educating young minds. No doubt, as in any business, profit is important, but we at S.A.M insist that this must not be the only goal for our franchises. This is a business that may especially suit ex-teachers and educators, and/or qualified individuals who wish to take charge of their own destiny.
- A world-class curriculum set apart from other franchises: Based on Singapore Math and developed by former school teachers and textbook publishers. Singapore Maths at primary school age is the most effective preparation for secondary CAPS, IEB, and Cambridge syllabus
- Minimal initial fees: Our franchise fee comprises a low upfront fee and monthly royalty and technology fees. Most of your initial investment will go towards your center fit-out, rental, inventory, marketing, and working capital
- Comprehensive Business System and World-Class Training: Our cloud-based S.A.M 2.0 complete business system covers center management, student management, and course management. Our comprehensive training and support include initial, personal, onsite training. Continuous online training, workshops and coaching intervention programs that will equip you with theoretical and practical knowledge to become successful in your business, covering business strategy, Personal Development Programs, Singapore math, coaching approach, lesson delivery, classroom management, marketing, and our business system
- Franchise owner advised: Franchise owner advised being directly involved in the management of the business for a good support structure
S.A.M has recently launched Seriously Addictive English (S.A.E), based on the Cambridge Curriculum from the United Kingdom. S.A.E offers a structured phonics approach and integrated literacy skills curriculum to help children read fluently and write confidently. The English program can only be offered additional to the Mathematics program.
The FranchiseeS.A.M SA Values:
- Organisational Fit – We are looking for franchisees who demonstrate a true passion for educating children and who are committed to developing young minds. S.A.M franchisees need to be great communicators who can interact and effectively influence parents and children. S.A.M franchisees need to flourish in an environment that requires resilience and team work. Running and marketing a business demands leadership, a quality we seek when considering franchisees. S.A.M franchisees must also be able to demonstrate and convincingly articulate some aptitude in Mathematics and be conceptually fit for training others in problem-solving skills.
- Preferred Criteria – Business experience in the education industry, or individuals with experience in the education industry.
We value people of integrity, honour and honesty, whom we can trust.
The InvestmentThe license fee for the Mathematics program is R85 000 and for the English Program R35 000.
Next StepsIf you are interested in owning a S.A.M franchise in South Africa and becoming part of a team that is passionate about investing in South Africa’s youth through the use of Mathematics, we would love to meet you! Please contact us through the request form below.
Seriously Addictive Mathematics and English Success Stories
Our Pretoria East Centre Owner has enjoyed considerable success with the Seriously Addictive Mathematics franchise network. Keep reading to find out what she had to say.
Seriously Addictive Mathematics and English Testimonials
We would like to express our deepest appreciation regarding the amazing results that were achieved by our two girls. When we started using S.A.M our eldest daughter had no interest in maths and often failed. Now she has an interest and her pass marks are not less than 60%. Our second daughter's pass mark was 70% and now she is in the 80% level. Her teacher, Karma, makes Maths fun and has sparked our children's interest. We can’t thank you enough. We highly recommend S.A.M to our family and anyone who is interested in improving their child's education.
We would like to express our deepest appreciation regarding the amazing results that were achieved by our two girls. Before we enrolled in SAM our eldest daughter had no interest in maths and often failed. Now she has an interest and her marks are not less than 60%. Our second daughter’s mark was around 70% and now she’s in the 80% level. S.A.M makes maths fun and has sparked the interest of our children. We can’t thank you enough.
Callyn is a natural mathematician and needed additional stimulation. The confidence that she has gained through her lessons is invaluable, she is now able to complete all work books in class, with little to no homework (Speed with accuracy) She received the highest recognition of “Outstanding achievement in Mathematics
Seriously Addictive Mathematics and English Videos
videoDecember 31, 1969 09:59 PM
0:00 / 0:00
S.A.M Franchise Opportunity Video
Watch this video to learn more about the S.A.M franchise opportunity and its effective nine-year programme.
videoDecember 31, 1969 10:00 PM
0:00 / 0:00
S.A.M Sells Singapore Math Education Abroad
Find out how Seriously Addictive Mathematics utilises Singapore Math techniques to help children learn. This Reuters video takes a look at the success of Singapore Math education.
videoAugust 20, 2020 09:26 AM
0:00 / 0:00
S.A.M prepares your children for the future
At S.A.M, we believe every child can be great at math if they understand it.